October 7 (day 1)

Reminders:

  • French grammar homework due tomorrow
  • Return at least ONE French book tomorrow - we are going to pick a book for our French book report
    • If you have a book at home or would like to pick one from the public library, that is okay :) 
  • Photo day on Thursday, October 10
  • French book report outline and rubric is in my orange envelope or backpack, please keep in a safe spot so I can refer to it when I start my project
    • Example below is typed, but I have a choice to handwrite or type it out
Title, author and a drawing of the most important part - Cover of the poster
Summary of the book - on the back of the poster


Left side: main character- drawing and paragraph explaining physical traits and personality
Right side: 5 new words - the sentence it was found in the book and the definition
Today we:
  • had music
  • 15 minute math problem on algebraic equations on subtraction
  • had physical education - we did a rubics cube game 
  • wrote what we did on the weekend
  • read in English for 30 minutes
  • shared our "Julie et le Bonhomme Sept-Heures" stories and peer-edited
  • learned about the Alberta Coat of Arms and then created our own
  • talked about our French book report project - ask me when my presentation day is!